Carbon Reduction Plan for Maltron International Ltd.
As a medical device company committed to environmental sustainability, Maltron International recognizes the importance of reducing our carbon footprint. This plan outlines our approach to minimize carbon emissions across our operations. Our carbon emissions plan will support our current policies we have in place which cover Resilience and Sustainability, ROH3 declaration, REACH declaration, Infrastructure and Environment policy and Biocompatibility statement.
Maltron International is committed to sustainability performance as an integral, strategic issue that shapes the future of our business and supports our reputation as a respected medical device manufacturer.
The NHS have committed to reaching net zero emissions they control directly by 2040, with an ambition to reach an 80% reduction by 2028 to 2032. For the emissions which can be influenced the NHS will reach net zero by 2045, with an ambition to reach an 80% reduction by 2036 to 2039.
We are aware of the timeframes set by the NHS and where possible we aim to align with the NHS Net Zero initiative
Scope 1 Emissions (0.00CO2e)
- Energy Efficiency: Implement energy-saving measures within our in-house manufacturing facility and This includes using energy-efficient lighting, optimizing equipment usage, and ensuring proper insulation to reduce heating and cooling needs.
- Fleet Management: If applicable, encourage our employees to use more fuel-efficient or electric vehicles for business travel.
Scope 2 Emissions (3.9 CO2e)
- Renewable Energy: Explore options for transitioning to renewable energy sources for our office and manufacturing Consider solar panels or purchasing renewable energy certificates (RECs) to offset electricity consumption.
- Remote Work: For the employees working remotely, encourage the use of energy-efficient devices and promote best practices for reducing energy consumption at home.
Scope 3 Emissions (16.4 CO2e)
- Supply Chain Collaboration: We will endeavour to engage with our suppliers to gather data on their carbon emissions and promote sustainable practices. Collaborate with suppliers to identify opportunities for carbon reduction throughout the supply chain.
- Local Sourcing: Prioritize local suppliers to minimize transportation-related emissions and support the local economy.
- Product Lifecycle: Conduct a lifecycle assessment of our products to identify areas where emissions can be reduced during the manufacturing, distribution, and end-of-life phases.
- Awareness and Training: Educate our employees about the importance of carbon reduction and provide them with tips on how to minimize their carbon footprint in both work and personal activities.
- Engagement Campaigns: Launch internal campaigns to encourage employees to contribute innovative ideas for carbon reduction and sustainability.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regular Assessment: Monitor our carbon emissions regularly and assess the effectiveness of our reduction efforts with a long term aim to have an environmental management system (policies and procedures) designed to be compliant with the requirements of ISO, but our focus is to ensure our fundamentals are right before becoming fully compliant to the standard
- Transparent Reporting: Share our progress in carbon reduction with stakeholders, employees, and customers through our company website.
We have had no previous emissions reduction commitment.
- Short-Term Goals: Aim to achieve a 10% reduction in total carbon emissions within the next 3 years
- Long-Term Goals: Long term target 60% reduction by 2040
- Innovation: Research and development to identify innovative technologies and practices that can lead to more significant carbon reductions.
Carbon Reduction Projects
We have already completed a number of projects including:
Introduced a flexible approach to allow people to work from home.
We have installed and use energy efficient invertor air conditioning units We recycle all packaging including cardboard boxes, wrapping materials We have seen an increase in video conferencing where possible
We have a policy to ensure all PC’s and ancillary equipment are switched off out of hours.
Our current policies we have in place cover Resilience and Sustainability, ROH3 declaration, REACH declaration, Infrastructure and Environment policy and Biocompatibility statement.
Maltron International is dedicated to minimizing our carbon footprint and contributing to a more sustainable future. We understand that this is an ongoing journey, and we are committed to continuously improving our environmental practices.
The new BioScan touch i8
Smart technology that understands your
language, learns from your experience and helps provide better patient outcome.
The Body Composition Monitor of tomorrow defining new standards.